July 21, 2014
Well I am in Santa Clara, Eugene. It's been a crazy first
week but one epic adventure I must say.
It's been so rewarding though! I want to express how I am so
grateful for my mission president. Even though he is new, he is called of god
and is so in tune with the spirit. I feel his love and feel the spirit he
brings. We had a meeting for trainers before the new missionaries came in and
it was so incredible to have President Russell speak and hear the words of The
Lord. He said all wonderful things that we must do to help the new missionaries
adjust and have a great mission. Well, the new missionaries came and I am
blessed to have Sister Weinheimer as my companion. She is amazing! The first
week was hard though. I won't go into details on what has happened but she is
one strong sister and is going to do wonders here. Heavenly Father is so aware
of his children especially my companion and we are very blessed to have
president only 20 minutes away from us. I know we have been sent here for a
reason. Being new has been such a blast. We have great times finding places,
meeting the people who are in our teaching pool and adding more. We walked on Saturday
to save miles on the car and we didn't expect it to be 95ish that day. We
walked for hours, which was good, but we
were drenched in sweat. We had a miracle happen, which was cool. We had been out
walking for a few hours contacting people and we forgot our water. We searched
in our ward list to see if any members were close so we could get some water. A
lady, Sister Manning, came up on the
ward list and we had no idea if she is active or not but we needed water fast.
So we walked over to her house and knocked on her door. Turns out she is a less
active but the elders stopped by that morning but she just had woken up. She
was glad we stopped by though, let us in, and gave us some water. We chatted
for a few moments about her life. She has been wanting to come to church, which
is awesome, so we invited her to come with us and gave her the address. She
sadly didn't come due to her back being in pain so we stopped by again Sunday
to let her know we missed her. She wants to come back into the church so right
now we are seeing her and helping the ward get her on a priority list. What a
miracle though that we found her. I know miracles are such a blessing in
missionary work and in our lives. It's amazing what you see The Lord do for us.
I feel so honored to be here with my companion and it's been a blast working
with her. She is learning so fast!
Cool fact!
Us missionaries are volunteering at the junior Olympics that
is held at U of O!
So Friday we will be on campus at the practice handing out
waters and food to the athletes from all around the world! President Ballard
approved this too! Sadly he said if sisters did it we had to wear skirts with
the free polo and running shoes we got but that's okay. Us sisters will be
rocking the polo and skirts!
Yeah we got a ton of free stuff too!
Free Adidas shoes, socks, polo shirt, jacket just for
volunteering! I love being a missionary!
Have a great week love you!
Love Sista Fletch!
No comments:
Post a Comment