Thursday, April 23, 2015
Medford, OR April 13, 2015 Hardest struggle: not being able to hold kids - Testimony of member missionary work 3 week and counting
April 13, 2015 Hardest struggle: not being able to hold kids....
Not a lot of major things occurred. We found a new investigator which
was a miracle for sure since it's super hard to get those. We had a
great Ward conference in both Wards on Sunday so that was pretty
awesome. Overall this week has been great. Oh we also got to attend a
wedding for a part member family. She is super active and married a
non-member who was super cool and a great experience for us to attend.
Funny: we had a lesson with our new investigator who does day care in
her home. So when we went by, there was 6 kids in a small apartment.
Soo...... The kids were super cute but very much wild ones. And we
were their jungle gym. They were all over us wanting us to hold them
wanted a picky back ride and so much! Of course the investigator
didn't know the rules so it was hard to say anything since we are just
trying to get to know her. Boy was that a huge struggle to get the
kids to sit next to us or to not be on us haha. It was a pretty funny
experience though at the end.
Then I had a bad allergic reaction to a cat and had to rush to a
members home to get Benadryl. That was fun. I thought before my
mission I wasn't allergic to anything.... Wrong! I am allergic to cats
really bad and horses which sucks! Oh and all
plants... You learn so much about yourself on a mission.
I would like to share something I have learned on my mission recently.
Well at least recognized more now than before. How to be a member
missionary is an exciting thing.
I really look forward to applying all I have learned into this great
calling. Being a member missionary is a calling we accepted when we
were baptized. We gave our will to the Lord and promised to do all he
asks of us. Well, we are human and ignore a lot of what we are asked to
do but we can keep trying and improving as we desire after it and use
the atonement.
Besides that though, being a member missionary is the greatest calling
known to man or woman. We get to share something so special, so dear to our
heart with strangers, friends, and family.
Now some of us get really excited when we get the calling to be in
primary or young men or women's, and some may get discouraged when
they get the calling of bishop or relief society president and such.
With these different reactions to callings we receive in the church,
ponder about what your reaction is to the calling of being a member
missionary? Am I disappointed? Excited? Discouraged? Scared? Happy?
What is my response to this responsibly? My responsibly to share the
truth, the restored gospel truth with my community and others?
While being out on my mission I have gotten the great privilege to
work with wonderful leaders of the church that I look up to very much
for what they have done and continue to do. I have also seen members
at their lowest point and trying to help them along the way. Working
with members is such a great experience every missionary gets to do
because each experience is so unique and special.
I want to let each of you know that when I am released to be a full
time missionary to be called to a member missionary I am excited. I
can't hold it in of how happy I am for this to come. Being a member
missionary gives us such a great sense of true miracles, helping
others come unto Christ, helping families be sealed for all time and
eternity, to get to see them see the joy of the gospel, to see people
come out of the worst stages of life to the best. Do you feel that
these experiences are worth it? I do! So let's all be excited
together. Let's make this message of the restored gospel known to all.
How I would treat the calling to be a relief society president to do
all the work that is involved in that calling, I strive do the same as
being a member missionary.
We must give it our all, we must pray, ponder, feast, and seek after
these things. We must begin with a desire.
My eyes have been opened to this better world and it’s been such a
blessing to see the joy that comes when I share the most important
part of me with people I love.
I am so grateful for all my leaders back home and all the leaders that
I have gotten to know on my mission who have helped me fulfill my
“Fathers business” in doing his work and doing what he has asked me to
do. I know Heavenly Father loves us and desires for us to return home.
I know it's through the restored gospel we can know and live in such a
way that makes it possible to return home. I know that this church is
true and the glad message we share as missionaries will change your
life. Thank you so much for everyone's support with me being out here.
I love you and will see you in 3 weeks. :)
Medford Zone
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment