Wednesday, February 19, 2014

February 10, 2013 Coos Bay, OR


Feb 10, 2013

Things here are going good. I am sending you and dad a letter with some things and hope to get something else off to you this week as well, but anyways things are good. Sister Crosgrove is just amazing! We have been really enjoying this transfer together. No problems really and I am glad because she is so great. We learn so much together and try to help lift one another up.   It’s so nice. The work is been really hard. Lots of people we are working with are not responding anymore and some of the people who were recently baptized are not as active so it’s been hard watching these things happen and being limited on what we can do for them. We are working though with some great less actives. That is one thing that is a focus here in our area is less actives work because there are so many. A lot of them don’t get many visits from their home teachers or visiting teachers so we try to help them out and get them to come to church and it’s been great. Many are coming back and are working towards the temple. We do need to find more investigators though, so we are trying to do 1 hour of finding people each day.  Sometimes it does not happen and we need to be better at that because there are so many areas that have not been contacted yet and need to so that we are doing all we can to spread the Gospel. There is just so much work to do here is Coos Bay.   It’s been hard to juggle it all but I know that if we start doing better and putting all our efforts into this work it won’t seem as big of a load and the Lord will help us get the work done and going. I love this Gospel and really pray and hope for the best in this area. Sister Crosgrove and I are setting new goals and ideas to find other ways to share the Gospel. One way that has been very effective is dodge ball on Friday nights. All ages are allowed to play and what we do is we have members bring family and friends and we have a huge game of doge ball and then after share a scripture thought or share a principle of the gospel and those who are nonmembers get to hear the message along with being in the church building. Last week we had over 40 people come and it was massive. A guy brought a ton of College teams to come play and the missionaries introduced the Book of Mormon and handed out copies after and on Sunday most of the teams came to church. It was the greatest turn out we have had yet! So good things are happening.  It’s just hard at times. I love serving here I am growing so much and I am really happy here. I love and miss you all so very much have a great week! :)Love Sis Fletch

PS.

I wanted to tell you we got the opportunity to go to the temple which was so great! Meadford is the smallest temple I have ever seen but it was so great! I received so much revelation for Coos Bay.  The feelings were so strong. We got to see the new video which was really nice.  Not sure which one I like better but it was great going with a bunch of missionaries and we had a blast! I am so grateful we have one close to us at home in AZ.   We have to drive 3 hours to get to the Medford temple and most people in Oregon have to drive that far because there are just not many here. I am so thankful for temples.  They just bring such peace and such a spirit that I just love and appreciate :)

 

 

Where to go in case of a Tsunami

Medford Temple

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog