GUESS WHO GETS TO WATCH THE DUCKS GAME TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!THIS SISTER MISSIONARY!
It's the best day ever when you are allowed to watch the ducks game
because people will Swear at you if you dare knock on their door
during the game!
GO DUCKS! Represent!
It's the best day ever when you are allowed to watch the ducks game
because people will Swear at you if you dare knock on their door
during the game!
GO DUCKS! Represent!
PS: I am watching it with the singles ward! Sadly we have to wear our
skirts and such but I do have green on and will put on some yellow to
represent! Take a pic of you and dad watching the game is will be
funny with dad! And your too with what you will wear! You guys are
awesome! Love you
skirts and such but I do have green on and will put on some yellow to
represent! Take a pic of you and dad watching the game is will be
funny with dad! And your too with what you will wear! You guys are
awesome! Love you
Jan 12, 2015
My emails will now be more funny, spiritual, and awesome!
Funny:
So we are doing insanity DVD work outs in the morning so we can become
sexy by the end of our mission. We got about 4 months to reach our hot
body's for summer. Insanity is insane. My first day I wanted to throw
up and every day since we have been sore but with Sunday and Monday
giving us a brake we are all good. Sister Stover though one day at
lunch with the sisters said I look funny doing the moves in insanity
because I got no rhythm so I get off beat and look weird. So at lunch
she tried to teach me some dance moves. Let's just say I look like
Derell from the first singles ward movie at their singles dance. It
didn't go over well. We gotta huge laugh over it and this for sure is
a witness that I will probably be a weird person when I come home.
Spiritual: I have been reading in the New Testament in my studies. I
just finished the Book of Mormon at the end of last year and now I
want to try to finish the New Testament. I finished the gospel
according to John and that was great. I loved most how John gives the
vision of Christ crucifixion. I really feel he does the best and
writing that part of the life of Jesus Christ. Another goal I have is
to read the Book of Mormon in 100 days. My 100 days left of my mission
is coming up so I want to start there. It's cool because all I need to
do is read 5 pages a day and since as a missionary we have studies for
an hour and lunch breaks I can totally archive it. So I am excited.
Another spiritual experience I had was with Sister Stover. She
recently lost a family member last week on Tuesday on our way back
from MLC in Eugene. In the car is when she got the call and it was
such a hard thing to see my companion in so much pain. As I comforted
her along with others sisters helping as well. Sister Stover asked if
we can say a prayer. She asked if I would offer it and right then I
was overcome with the spirit and with peace. I was shocked she asked
me but I felt honored to offer it. All I remember from that moment was
that every word came from a loving Heavenly Father. The spirit was so
strong I can't describe the feelings we all had after we said amen.
All I do know though was I felt Angels around us and I truly felt the
presence of Sister Stover’s family member who had just past. These are
the kind of experiences that I can never doubt happened and will build
my testimony continually throughout my whole life.
Miracle:
So we went up to MLC to Eugene and we talked a lot about the spirit
and really trusting the spirit and following promptings. Well the next
day we went walking and I of course for some reason make up excuses
sometimes not to start a conversion with someone. My excuse this time
was there is a man right by him so I won't bother him. But sister
Stover is of course the BOM and talks to him. So I was like oh wait
great she did it haha! Do we talked to this man and he asked if we had
any church activities tonight he needs something positive to do. We
sadly we totally booked for the night so we asked for his info so we
can set up a time to meet up.
Well after we left him we felt so strong we should cancel one of our
appointments to meet with him. So we called him and told him we could
meet him at the church and share a message with him. We got a member
who is a recent convert who is the BOM too and we met with him at the
church. The lesson was incredible. We gave him a church tour and
shared with him about how the gospel can bless his life and through
what we can share he can find greater peace in this life. He was
amazed and said he had never felt the spirit so strong in a church
building. He said he felt at home. And that it all seemed familiar. We
left him a Book of Mormon to read and he was in shock that we gave it
to him for free. He was so happy.
We have met with him a few times now and he is on fire and just is a
solid investigator who just soaks everything in. He came to church and
loved it and felt this is where he needs to be. He even had a member
invite him over for dinner. The members were amazing to just be
friends with him. And then this morning when we played backsetball at
5:30 with the elders, Michael walked all the way to the church
building. It took him over an hour to walk there but he wanted to play
basketball with all the missionaries and he loved it. And after
Michael was the one to ask if we could close with a prayer. He is a
better disciple of Christ in some ways than we are haha. Michael was
our miracle and still is! It's amazing how if you pray for something
to occur or pray for success you will be granted it by your faith and
works. I had the faith but lacked a little bit of the works but my
companion helped me out and made up for it and miracles happen.
Anyways hope this email is more appealing than all my other lame ones.
I am trying to give a little more spice and salt it up a bit with more
juicy experiences. Hope I was successful. I love you all tons! Keep
on Rollin! See ya in 16 weeks!
Funny:
So we are doing insanity DVD work outs in the morning so we can become
sexy by the end of our mission. We got about 4 months to reach our hot
body's for summer. Insanity is insane. My first day I wanted to throw
up and every day since we have been sore but with Sunday and Monday
giving us a brake we are all good. Sister Stover though one day at
lunch with the sisters said I look funny doing the moves in insanity
because I got no rhythm so I get off beat and look weird. So at lunch
she tried to teach me some dance moves. Let's just say I look like
Derell from the first singles ward movie at their singles dance. It
didn't go over well. We gotta huge laugh over it and this for sure is
a witness that I will probably be a weird person when I come home.
Spiritual: I have been reading in the New Testament in my studies. I
just finished the Book of Mormon at the end of last year and now I
want to try to finish the New Testament. I finished the gospel
according to John and that was great. I loved most how John gives the
vision of Christ crucifixion. I really feel he does the best and
writing that part of the life of Jesus Christ. Another goal I have is
to read the Book of Mormon in 100 days. My 100 days left of my mission
is coming up so I want to start there. It's cool because all I need to
do is read 5 pages a day and since as a missionary we have studies for
an hour and lunch breaks I can totally archive it. So I am excited.
Another spiritual experience I had was with Sister Stover. She
recently lost a family member last week on Tuesday on our way back
from MLC in Eugene. In the car is when she got the call and it was
such a hard thing to see my companion in so much pain. As I comforted
her along with others sisters helping as well. Sister Stover asked if
we can say a prayer. She asked if I would offer it and right then I
was overcome with the spirit and with peace. I was shocked she asked
me but I felt honored to offer it. All I remember from that moment was
that every word came from a loving Heavenly Father. The spirit was so
strong I can't describe the feelings we all had after we said amen.
All I do know though was I felt Angels around us and I truly felt the
presence of Sister Stover’s family member who had just past. These are
the kind of experiences that I can never doubt happened and will build
my testimony continually throughout my whole life.
Miracle:
So we went up to MLC to Eugene and we talked a lot about the spirit
and really trusting the spirit and following promptings. Well the next
day we went walking and I of course for some reason make up excuses
sometimes not to start a conversion with someone. My excuse this time
was there is a man right by him so I won't bother him. But sister
Stover is of course the BOM and talks to him. So I was like oh wait
great she did it haha! Do we talked to this man and he asked if we had
any church activities tonight he needs something positive to do. We
sadly we totally booked for the night so we asked for his info so we
can set up a time to meet up.
Well after we left him we felt so strong we should cancel one of our
appointments to meet with him. So we called him and told him we could
meet him at the church and share a message with him. We got a member
who is a recent convert who is the BOM too and we met with him at the
church. The lesson was incredible. We gave him a church tour and
shared with him about how the gospel can bless his life and through
what we can share he can find greater peace in this life. He was
amazed and said he had never felt the spirit so strong in a church
building. He said he felt at home. And that it all seemed familiar. We
left him a Book of Mormon to read and he was in shock that we gave it
to him for free. He was so happy.
We have met with him a few times now and he is on fire and just is a
solid investigator who just soaks everything in. He came to church and
loved it and felt this is where he needs to be. He even had a member
invite him over for dinner. The members were amazing to just be
friends with him. And then this morning when we played backsetball at
5:30 with the elders, Michael walked all the way to the church
building. It took him over an hour to walk there but he wanted to play
basketball with all the missionaries and he loved it. And after
Michael was the one to ask if we could close with a prayer. He is a
better disciple of Christ in some ways than we are haha. Michael was
our miracle and still is! It's amazing how if you pray for something
to occur or pray for success you will be granted it by your faith and
works. I had the faith but lacked a little bit of the works but my
companion helped me out and made up for it and miracles happen.
Anyways hope this email is more appealing than all my other lame ones.
I am trying to give a little more spice and salt it up a bit with more
juicy experiences. Hope I was successful. I love you all tons! Keep
on Rollin! See ya in 16 weeks!

No comments:
Post a Comment