December 15, 2014
Hey MUM!!
So glad to hear you have been having lots of fun! YAYAYA FOR
ALICIA! I really felt kinda alone that out of most the people I know and family
I am the only sister serving so it made me so glad that she is choosing to go
on a mission. Could you get me her address so I could write her. I am stoked
she is going! Tell her she needs to wait when I get home so I can see her if
that is not selfish it kinda is sorry but I come home in May and would love to
see her before she leaves.
That’s great you are helping the elders with service! It is
a huge help to have things to do.
So far this week has been crazy!
So far so good with the surgery. I still am in pain but I am
getting used to it. We had some great miracles happen. I got to see some amazing families and peeps
we are teaching. Our ward Christmas party was Saturday and we had been looking
forward to it for weeks. It finally came and we got so many great people to
come. But Saturday afternoon Sister Stover wasn’t feeling well. She pressed
forward though. We took a little break so she could rest and my arm can take a
break. Sometimes if I use it too much or move it too much during the day I pay
big time at time due to being super sore and in pain. SO we both rested before
the party. We had a blast doing the service project before the dinner. Sister Stover
felt even worse and got a priesthood blessing during the service. She started
to look pail and green. So while I made baskets for those we are teaching she sat
down and rested. Well during dinner she and I had to run to the bathroom.
Before she could make it to the toilet she fell to the floor. I freaked out and
thought she had passed out but she got up and just threw up in the toilet. I
felt so bad. I held her hair because that is what companions are for and I just
felt so bad she was in so much pain. We ended up leaving after that and taking
her home. So many amazing members helped us out and got her things that would
help and they all send their love and prayers. I love our ward so much. That
night around 12 am she was in so much pain. We both got up and I helped her
drink water and we called Sister Russell. Sister Russell wanted her to go to
the ER but we knew that would be too much money so we tried a few things first.
We used the essential oils and tried to rest a little more. Sadly around 5am I
woke up in pain and ran to the bathroom. I was sitting by the toilet not sure
what will happen. I was kinda scared because if I threw up it would have been a
long time since I had done that and I forgot what it was like. I cried my eyes
out so scared and Sister Stover came in and held my hair while I threw up in
the toilet. We both had the same thing and we didn’t know what... We tried to
rest some more and had to skip the family ward that morning. We called the
nurse in the mission and she gave us a few suggestions. We asked if we could go
to our ysa branch to at least take the sacrament. She said we could so we did
what we could get ready and off we went. I asked for a priesthood blessing from
out branch president when we got there and we just sat in the back.
Mom, I can’t express to you how hard it is to be this sick
on a mission. I feel this is one of the biggest challenges missionaries face.
It sucks not having a mom to take care of you. My companion is a germafob so it
was hard for her since she didn’t want to get more sick but I love her still. It’s just hard. I prayed for help and comfort
and in the priesthood blessing it talked about how so many love me and that
will help me in this time.
After the blessing our branch president, president Cesena,
and his wife forces us to stay at their house so mama C could take care of us. That’s
what we call his wife haha. We got out things and headed over there. We stayed
there the whole rest of the day. She got us cozy on the coaches and we drank
lots of fluids. Sadly with having this flu we couldn’t eat so we drank water
mostly. It was such a miracle and blessing to have the Cesena's in our lives.
They have done so much for us. I still was so sick last night and in so much
pain that Mama C asked our mission president if we could stay the night at
their house. He said that would be fine so that night we stayed with them and
they continued to help us. By the morning we were so much better. We got to
have a lot of sleep and had some breakfast with them. Sadly right now the
breakfast I had isn’t settling well. I still feel like I may throw up as I am
emailing you now haha but I should be fine. We are for sure taking it easy today.
So our lives this week has been a HUGE adventure dealing
with surgery and having the flu. The funny thing was that when I got the
surgery they asked if I wanted the flu shot and I rejected because it was suck
to have the flu while I am in pain with my stitches and then what do ya know...
I get a even worse flu ahah. So life overall is great. I know that in this
hardest time not being with my family who could take care of me, God has sent
me another family who was here in K falls to do the job and took us in. They
are the greatest family. They are on Facebook and I would love for you all to
meet them. They have been a miracle family that has helped us so much in our
hardest times here. Its Rob and Tammy Cesena.
I love everyone so much and miss you all tons.
I know this church is true without doubt due to the miracles
that I have seen by living the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that
through everything I have experienced on my mission is a witness that this is
the true church of Jesus Christ. I am so thankful for everything I have. I am
thankful for my friends and family.
Mom this is part of the weekly email so you can pick and do
what you would like to make it directed towards others. Sorry its mixed with
yours.
I should be sending the Christmas package for the family
soon.
Also I got your testimonies and I just cried. I am so glad I
got to read those and I will reflect on them throughout my life. Thank you!
LOVE YOU ALL
HAVE A GREAT WEEK! :)
Saw this golf shirt and made me think of Colton haha
Aunt Cathy and family sent me a package and this is part of what she sent :)
had some fun
with our Christmas trees Merry Christmas :)
with our Christmas trees Merry Christmas :)
No comments:
Post a Comment