Thursday, January 15, 2015

Klamath Falls, OR December 22, 2014



December 22, 2014

HEY MOM!!!
4 DAYS SO CRAZY! RIGHT! 
I love you so much and all is well right now. It’s been rough though. I sadly am facing a lot of hardships of trying to do what’s right and not please man but to please God. 
Being a sister training Leader (STL) it really is hard and puts you to the test of your relationship with God. We have been having tough times with our zone and trying to help resolve drama and help each of them be obedient but they have their agency and there is not too much you can do. The other night I had to correct a situation that wasn’t bad but just not the best thing. I made the correction and SISTER FLETCHER is now the bad guy. It was so hard for me because that’s when people start to talk and leave you out. I have a great relationship with all the sisters I feel and with the elders and soon as I correct something (Which is part of my calling to do) then that relationship we have with other missionaries doesn’t matter to them anymore and its hard. After, Sister Stover and I talked and we worked out some ideas on how to respect everyone and keep their trust and love them but to do it in a manner where we still are making sure we ALL are doing what’s right. It has gotten better which is good. I just have to keep telling myself that who am I here to please. Man or God? Which way am I going to face? Is it my fault if I am doing what’s right and someone gets offended? I just think of the quote I read recently "I would rather stand before God and be judged by the World than stand with the World and be judged by God" It’s so true. I got to choose which way I face and be sure to stand and face that way towards God at all times. I love the missionaries in our zone and we all have flaws and struggles. It’s just hard at times when you see what greatness they can become and do and know some of their actions are setting them back from becoming that potential they have. But we are trying hard to do what we can and be an example as leaders for the sisters. I love it though. I feel during the week it can get way rough and I get super down and discouraged but soon as Monday comes and I read emails and letters and get to be normal for a moment I can re-boost and get going again. Keep my fire burning up.
The mission has truly changed me for the better and I feel it’s one of the greatest choices I have made. It’s so wonderful and worth every bit! 
Sadly this week will be rough with Christmas. Holidays I love but as a missionary they STINK!! No one wants you around and are too busy to talk. So we tried super hard to get a lot of set appointments with people we are teaching and then on Christmas Eve we get to do service and hand out hot chocolate on a busy street and hand out “He is the gift cards.”  It will be a wonderful time to do lots of service and brighten the lives of others this week. We get to spend time with our ward mission leader for Christmas and will have dinner there. We are excited. We also get to watch the movie Frozen with our zone and play games. 
This morning was super fun because we played basketball with other missionaries. Sadly Sister Stover and I are the only ones that like to play sports out of the sisters but we played and it was a blast. I am getting my skills back so I can’t wait to show you in 4 months. I hit my 14 months tomorrow it’s crazy! Time flies! But with basketball it was fun because we got to play with the elders and members. We were the only girls so it was hard since we have to be careful playing with elders but we still had a blast playing.
No snow so far haha. We just had a huge rain storm the other day so hopefully snow will come soon,  That’s all for now. 
The church is true and the BOM is blue! 
LOVE YOU! MERRY CHRISTMAS PEEPS! 
LOVE SISTA FLETCH

                                         Basketball








Temple trip to Eugen OR

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog