Sunday, June 29, 2014

May 19, 2014 Central Point, OR



May 19, 2014

Things have been going so great. She is doing good growing wise but is struggling health wise so its been rough on that end but she is so strong and so hard working she really doesnt let it hold her back. I try to help by taking things easy with her so she doesnt hurt herself when we walk and such but still she pushes through and does the work to the fullest. Thank you for your advise and papers you sent. It helped me understand her more i feel. At first i didnt know exactly what it is she struggles with and her situation but now i understand more and feel i can help her more and teach her better. She is amazing though right now she is really coming out of her comfort zone and teaching amazing! I am so impressed with her and all she is doing. Thats the best thing about being a trainer i must say. Just seeing the new missionaries grow and start to transform in this amazing missionary that they are distend to be. I just love every bit of it and my love for her just grows so much! 
Here in central point has been very hard. but we are seeing little things start to build up and get back on track. Our numbers are low but it doesn't matter to us because we at the end of each day feel no regrets or feel like we worked our hardest. it says so much when at the end of the night your feet hurt from walking, and your knees hurt from kneeling prayers all day. Its the greatest feeling though and boy am i proud to be a missionary. I would like to share with you a question and answer president asked us in a training meeting we had last week. Why do i love my mission? and am i giving it what it deserves?

I love my mission because of the purpose we are here. To bring souls
unto Christ. Bring His lost sheep unto Him and bring them into the
fold of Christ. Missionary work doesn't mean we are trying to increase
our numbers of members or just baptize for people to be Mormon. We are
here to help others become disciples of Christ. To walk with them up
to the celestial kingdom.

Doctrine and Covenants section 18
15 And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!
 16 And now, if your joy will be great with one soul that you have brought unto me into the kingdom of my Father, how great will be your joy if you should bring many souls unto me!

I love this scripture because of how much joy and comfort it brings when we see others come unto Christ and living his restored gospel. I want to make note that missionary work includes less active work.   It is all missionary work and it's important for us to
remember there is no point in missionary work if we do not hold on to
even the ones who have already made a promise with Heavenly Father. I
love my mission for so many miracles I have been able to witness and
boy  I sure take pride, humbly, to be a representative of Jesus
Christ. After being out for how long I have, I just want to shout it
out to the world of the GREAT NEWS! God has reached out to his
children once again with love by restoring the fullness of Christ
gospel! It's amazing! 
I feel I have much improvement to give what my
mission deserves and after hearing that question it's a great
motivation to be better everyday! President says in the mission to give 10% more. I want to give my mission 10% more than what it deserves and what I have been giving it. I am thankful for the gospel and I am thankful for my mission and extremely thankful for all the support I have back home Thank you so much and I love you tons! Have a wonderful week and know I miss you tons!

Love Sis Fletch


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog