May 26, 2014
This week has been really amazing. Lots of lessons learned,
lots of great people we met. Sadly the work is hard but in a way it's not sad
because we are learning. It pushes us to be better.
Today in my studies I did a lot of reflecting about why I
came out on a mission. It really made me realize that when I first decided it
was all for not the best reasons or I hadn't yet seen why I came. At first part
of the reason I came was because I need a life and need to learn to be
Independent and learn life lessons. I felt all I did was watch tv and have late
nights. But now being out I had it all wrong.
Some reasons I came out on my mission was because...
Why not?
Yes to do something more with my life
Devote 18 months and more after to Christ and the children
of Oregon and the ones in my life
Share my love for the restored gospel of Jesus Christ
But most important I really came out to serve my Savior. He
has done so much for me. He never left me in the trails I faced as a teenager.
He always was there to catch me when I would fall. He has always been there
when I needed to put my trust in someone. I can't repay Him for what he has done.
For the infinite sacrifice He has made. So instead I plan on giving 18 months
and more of service to others and to my Savior to show my gratitude and appreciation
for the sacrifice He made. He gave his life for me, I will give my life for
him. I am truly grateful for that reflection because it opened my eyes to the
meaning of my life. It has showed me why I believe in the things I do, why I am
still living after all of my hardships, why I am in a place called Oregon when
I am allergic to every plant possible, why I am Catherine Fletcher. I
encourage you and others to try a similar reflection. write down why you take
upon a calling, why you follow Christ, or are a member of the LDS church, why
you believe in Christ, why you make certain choices, why are you the way you
are now, why you stand for what you Stand for. etc and write down what you feel
and the thoughts you have. By doing this you will have a personally experience
that can open your eyes to so many things. It can change your view. It can and
will help you become a better you. Make the necessary changes that may not be
aligned with what you are truly wanting in life. What truly will bring your
life long happiness.
I love you so very much and miss you. Have a great week
Love Sister Fletcher :)
No comments:
Post a Comment