Monday, June 30, 2014

June 23, 2014 Central Point, OR



June 23, 2014

This week has been good. For sure one of the hardest week but one of
the best I have had with Sister Shirley. I learned a wonderful concept
yesterday in church.
The Concept in sacrament meeting was about trails and what they do for us.
They strengthen us, change us and give us an opportunity to trust the
atonement of Jesus Christ.

How we are strengthened is by the example of exercising. With weights we
start with 10 lbs. and we do that until our body finds that easy and
then we will lift 20 lbs. to become stronger and do that until it's
easy and continue the process with 30-50 lbs. and so on. Heavenly
Father may give us something hard and when we overcome the hard factor
and conquer it we have done hard things. It won't be as hard the next
time around. So for us to stretch and become strong, Heavenly Father
may give us something hard that we may feel we cannot bare, but in
reality, we have already done hard things. Those things have built us
up so we can do even harder things and become even stronger. Through
all of this we become more like Christ who went through the hardest
thing of all. He took upon all our sins. Our trials are yet a small
portion of what He has done. And each time we face a trail and it
gets harder each time we know that through our experiences we are
becoming more like our Savior and understanding Him more as our true
redeemer who did it all for us. The fact that He went through such a
major sacrifice just so we don't have to have as hard of things is the
most greatest gift of all. Can you imagine what it would be like to
go through a trail and not have the atonement? Not have Christ take
upon our sins. Not have His love. I strongly believe that His
sacrifice takes off more of the hardship than we ever can imagine.
Without Him we would be nothing and probably going through lower than
hell in our trials. I know the Savior truly has died for me so the
tails I face don't have to be as hard as they would without Him. I am
eternally grateful for that and can only repay him in righteous living
and serving a mission for all of god's children.

Funny story
We went “finding” before our dinner appointment and talked with this guy
sitting on a fence. He asked what we wanted and we explained who we
were. He looked at me after introducing ourselves and said "could you
hold my beer while I jump down from this fence?" Uhhhhhh yeah I didn't
know what to do so I said sure.. Keep in mind that I am 19 years old
under age for drinking AND a missionary! Here I am holding this beer.
Boy I just prayed there was no news reporters or any members looking
at that view! He ended up being a potential for the elders and we hope
much success will come from our visit
We walked most of this week and got some crazy awesome tans!!
Hardest week of my mission due to walking and finding more to teach
and helping others progress.

Miracle
Having 3 previous members of the church at
church desiring to come back.
Sitting with a man at McDonald's talking for an hour and half about
his life. Not sure what the public thought as these 2 girls talking to
this man as he is sobbing and venting to us. Potential with him and
that's what matters.

Well I sure love you guys so much and thank you for all the support
you give me, I very much appreciate it! :)

Love cat


 
                        Last zone conference with Pres. and Sis Young  they go home June 30.

                   Zone Conference:  Sister ?, Sister Doughtery (Cat's old companion), Cattherine, Sister Shirley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog