Thursday, October 9, 2014

September 15, 2014 Santa Clara - Eugene, OR



Dear MUMZIE :)
Thanks so much for the email and update. Let Sarah know I will send her letter to the house address since I don’t know her address in Idaho.
I got the package did you get my letter? Let me know if you did.
Anyways. Prayer is a wonderful thing. We taught this investigator about prayer and trying to help her pray with us. I have never seen someone so afraid of prayer but by us working with her on it she opened up a lot of concerns about baptism she came to church and is doing great. she is a wonderful lady. Truly our best friend and we keep praying she will keep working towards baptism. Satan sadly is working hard on her but she can get through it by her faith.
This week has been interesting. I found I am allergic to bunnies or heirs animal thingy. We went to help a new member move into her house and they have this animal that comes in and out of the house. It’s not even theirs, but for some reason on Sunday after we left I sorta got close to not being able to breath due to my throat closing up and so much stuff up my nose. We drove home and got me some allergy pills and for the first time i used an inhaler. Sister Weinheimer had hers so we used it because that was all we got. After a few moments I was fine. We went back again to see her and i started having allergies again but not as bad because I stayed away from the animal. Every time we go I am gonna take allergy meds to help so I don’t die during a lesson. Well then I kinda am having foot toe problems. My toe has been really sensitive and hurting as I walk. IT was the worst yesterday but i made it through since we didn’t have to walk a ton with it being church. I put Neosporin on Sat and Sun to see if it would help. It isn’t as bad as Sunday but it’s still pretty sensitive. If it doesn't get better in a few days I will maybe talk to sister Kleinmen our nurse for the mission to see what we can do. 
Besides that, all is well. Sister Weinheimer are destined to be companions because we have such problems with our bodies and truly need each other. She is doing well herself. Still is hard but she is very strong and works through it and we lean on each other a lot.
I would like to share something Elder Bethea said in our district meeting Friday. He is an amazing district leader. Truly has changed lives of other even mine with his teachings. WE talked about charity. He asked us to think about people we know who we think have charity. I thought of Mom and Sarah. I say this because
Mom: you show charity by your sacrifice. You will do anything for anyone and will give up your time and yourself to help someone else.
Sarah: She is a friend to all. No matter who they are or what they have done. She loves them and befriends them.
There are many more other people in my life that show charity but Sarah and mom just stood out to me in that moment.
I thought about these examples and how I could improve myself.
I love to serve. I wasn't the best at it back home. I apologize now for that. But on my mission that is one thing I have grown a love for. To serve others if it be if they need someone to listen, to help clean their house, yard work, you name it and I feel I would love to help. I am so grateful I have learned this aspect and hope to refine it so I can become better. With me already loving to serve I thought okay what other parts of charity could I work on. How can I love someone more than I do now? I encourage all to take upon themselves as Elder Bethea invited his district to think about charity and what we can work on to obtain it.
He spoke about how Charity is truly the importance to all parts of the gospel BECAUSE it’s the pure love of Christ. If we want to become like Christ than start at becoming more charitable. Without Charity we are nothing. With Charity we can change lives through Christ. I felt very moved at this meeting and testify that we must love others as Christ loves them. It will be hard, yes we have our fall backs, but by recognizing them, we can be closer than yesterday to obtaining charity.
I am not perfect at it but I do know the power and impact it has on others makes me want to strive to have it apart of me each day.
I am so thankful for the examples in my life. I know this church is true. I know Christ is my savior and He is yours too. I love you tons and hope you have a great week.
LOVE SISTA FLETCH


Service - Painting

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog