Thursday, October 9, 2014

September 29, 2014 Santa Clara - Eugene, OR



September 29, 2014

HEY!!! THANK YOU FOR YOUR BIRTDHAY WISHES! I loved it all and really happy for My family and your love and support.
I had my birthday with the Atones, bears, and the elders in the area. It was a blast and I am so grateful for it all. I couldn’t ask for anything better with having a birthday on the mission. I loved the gifts. I am wearing the outfit you sent now and will send pics. I had the granola for breakfast very awesome and everything else was perfect thank you. :) Sister atone took pics and videos I will try to send them by email if not they are on the usb stick and I will send them home.
Update...
Last week we were teaching a 29 year old guy who seemed very interested in learning about LDS church so we started to teach him but he showed some signs of feelings more than just friends. We still wanted to of course be friends but we thought it would be best if the elders taught him and we would still contact him at church and stuff. Plus he wouldn’t connect with the elders way more! Well... we texted to him to see what he would think about the elders contacting him and teaching him and let’s just say he freaked out and made it sound like he was breaking up with my companion and I when there was NO relationship going on. Super weird. Right then we knew he wasn’t meeting with us to learn about the gospel it was more than that. He sent us 15 messages full of not so nice things and of his emotions. So that was interesting..
That day we had a super fun zone activity. I will send videos and pics of that. We had a BBQ and played volleyball and had a blast at the park! It was so FUN! :) I felt like a normal person for once! :)
People sadly have been dropping us due to things they read on line. It’s the thing to do now with Mormons and to look it up on ANTI WEBSITES! We know everyone has their free will and choose what they want but it’s been hard because of the persecution they give to us. But we stay positive, love them and serve others. We do our best here and the lord will provide those who are ready to hear the gospel. :)
Then
Last Saturday we helped this lady with her Apple and pear tree. She is
in her 80's and needed help with all the fruit that falls off. All she
and was shovels to pick them up. Now these fruits have been on the
ground for months so they have rot and is mush. Very gross and they
were all over her backyard. My companion and I struggled with the
smell and the gross look it had but I strongly believe Heavenly Father
helped us not focus on that and enjoy the service we could give. We
love serving others it's such a joy. Everyone is happy when we serve
one another.
Lesson learned with this service project though is I never want a pear or apple or any fruit tree. so who ever I marry has got to be okay with that because fruit trees are just SOOO MUCH!! Anways. LIFE IS GREAT!! I LOVE MY COMPANION. Transfers are next week! Where did the time go!! So aware of that so please send things to the mission office please! LOVE YOU HAVE A GREAT WEEK!
Oh I loved the women’s conference BTW The last talk was the bomb about God's love for us! Exactly what I needed there. LOVE YOU
LOVE CAT


Birthday Presents







 Birthday Celebrations







Fun Pastry Cafe








She Found Jamba Juice


Dodgeball Fun


My Zone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog