April 14, 2014
Thanks so much for the package it was so amazing! I am going
on a diet hehe and that all is perfect for how I will start eating! Thanks for
the chapter of Shari Dews Dew’s book.
Yes I got permission no worries. My companion thinks you’re so funny and
great. Thanks so much for sending all those things! Did you get my package? I am
worried it got lost because I sent it 2 weeks ago. Anyways, we went on a hike
today and it was a blast. I can’t wait
to send you pics! DAD please remember how truly sorry I am that I never took
the chance to hike with you before my mission. It is an awful mistake I made
and please know that I plan on one of my first days back for us to hike just
you and me. I sure miss hiking so it was the best to go on a hike today at
Table Rock so beautiful!
So this week was a week of contacting potentials. We
contacted some great ones and some are totally willing to learn more which is
great so they are now new investigators. We are excited to teach them.
AMAZING EXPERIENCE! So on Sunday which was
yesterday...
We got to see a member named Mike, (I have mentioned him
before he and his wife just got married and she is getting baptized next week)
who seriously came from rock bottom, be ordained a priest in the priesthood so
that he can baptize his wife next week. They were smokers and he really thought
he wouldn't be able to quit by her baptism but LOOK AT HIM NOW! and we got to
be a part of him being ordained!
I want to say that baptism are great. They are very
rewarding for us missionaries and members to see others come unto Christ
through baptism. BUT it’s more rewarding when we get to see someone go further
than baptism. To see them receive the priesthood, go through the temple, have a
calling, become a true disciple of Christ. That is what missionary work is all
about and Christ’s gospel. It’s not
about having more Mormons in our church, it’s about creating disciples of
Christ! Which includes helping those follow Christ through baptism or by
helping them keep their promise they made at baptism by reactivating them!
PLEASE REMEMBER THAT! We are not wanting Mormons to take over the world. The Church
of Jesus Christ of latter day saints is about helping others become disciples
of Christ and together help others do the same. That’s our goal right! To be
more Christ like not to be a Mormon. We are not to be called Mormons like
discussed in conference we are members of the Church of Jesus Christ of latter
day saints and called that because we take upon the name of Christ and are His
disciples. I know this is true! I know that Christ and Heavenly Father are
real. I know this church is true and will never once think about denying it
because I am a follower of Christ and always will. I love you all and hope you
have a fabulous day! Thanks again! MISS YOU!
LOVE
Sista fletch
No comments:
Post a Comment