May 5, 2014
Sister Shirley is one incredible missionary though. She is
shy but yet bold when you let it come out. She is so full of the spirit. She
really does say remarkable prayers and has a light that shines. She gets
nervous often but don’t all new missionaries? haha She is very willing but at
times it gets hard when she is pushed so I am trying to help her stretch the
way that will be best for her. I would like to share with you some things I
have already learned from just having her as a companion.
I feel out on the mission I have grown a good level of
patience which is good. But when Sister Shirley become my new companion, I
realized that there is much more kinds of patience I am needing to learn before
I can even say I have good patience. With Sister Shirley and just different
things about her it has required me to have to slow down in a sense for a
moment. I am used to walking FAST, being on the move, knocking on doors with
confidence and knowing what to say, knowing what to study in the mornings, know
the schedule, just knowing the whole missionary routine. Sister Shirley
although knew very little of it. Walks a little slower, not used to talking to
people and feeling comfortable talking to strangers. This past week I have had
to in a way readjust myself and do what I know to help her. I must lead by
example but at a pace that she can follow. I must provide opportunities for her
to grow. Give her the chance to learn for herself and do things on her own for
it to become a part of her. There are things about her that amaze me but yet
things I have not yet understood. But that has been my goal for this transfer
with her. To understand her and if I don’t understand then I must not get upset
or mad and just do my best by being loving and doing what I can for her. I must
be patient at the pace she is going. She will get faster as she adjust more to
being a missionary but in the mean times I must do things one step at a time
and being okay with slowing down just little so that she can catch up. I
envision her one day running with me with the work of the lord and by having
that vision it helps me know it’s possible and something to look forward to and
to set goals to help that vision come true. I love Sister Shirley so much. There
is something different with training a BRAND NEW missionary. They are so
innocent but yet willing to adjust and do the work. That’s Sister Shirley and I
love her tons. I know she can accomplish great and wondrous things. It’s just a
matter of time for it all to come into place.
This week overall is amazing. I am learning new things and
having a blast with a new zone and new ward along with my other ward. It’s fun
going to church from 7:30-4 haha the wards are great though and I look forward
to seeing how we can make a difference here.
We went on exchanges the other day and funny thing about
that is we found so many people just street contacting and a few times we
seriously felt prompted to talk to a few people and it required us to run after
them to talk to them so we got some good work outs in our skirts. People may
think we are crazy but when it comes to promptings by the spirit you do not
reject them or postpone them. You do all you can to ACT even if it mean running
after some lady in skirts. It was a great experience and a lesson that i was
able to grow more of a testimony of just by really talking to everyone. :)
I love this work and I love this area. It’s amazing what
miracles have come. I love you tons and look forwards to seeing you on MOTHERS
DAY! I will be skyping you around 4 my time and we get 1 hr and 15 minutes. So
be ready around i think either 3 or 5 your time. :) LOVE YOU! If you have any
questions you can call the office and they can help. PS I am sending a package
with a skirt that needs repair so look out for that too. I love you have a
great week!
scripture that has helped me with patience
D&C 24:8 This is my moto for this transfer! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment