April 28, 2014
I have finished training Sister Doughtery and now training a
new missionary named Sister Shirley she is amazing. WE had a crazy time when we
picked her up. So I went up Monday to Eugene for a trainers training meeting. I
got to be with Sister Stirling again. There were only 2 sisters that came in
this transfer and it was an honor for us two to get to train them. We spent Tuesday
and Wednesday at President Young’s home and had a blast! We learned so much on
how to train and what we need to do to set the perfect mission for new
missionaries. Then Wednesday the new missionaries came and Sister Shirley is my
new companion. She is incredible. She is shy and is working through some things
but I know president put us together for a reason. She needs me and needs the
Savior and I am going to do all I can to serve her and set a great example so
that she can have a great start of her mission and love it. So far she has grown
so much just within 4 days. she is very willing and loves the mission and has
such a desire to be here. So that is always a plus. She is learning a lot and I
am too just from her. She carries such a bright but soft loving spirit with her,
it’s incredible when she shows it. I love her already so much and we get along
well.
Crazy story. We left
about 4 from Eugene to go back to Central Point with sister Stirling and her
companion and it’s about a 3 hour drive back and I am driving the Mormon van.
well... I got lost and the GPS got messed up... I was panicking so sister Stirling
took over driving... the GPS took us back to Eugene DONT KNOW WHY!!??? The new
sisters we so sick from the car ride... we didn’t get back till 11:30 at
night... Sister Stirling and her comp didn’t have a key to their apartment so
they stayed in ours... next morning... sister Stirlings car battery died so we
had to call The Elders and they came to jump started it... WOW!!! CAN YOU SAY
WE GAVE A GREAT FIRST IMPRESSION FOR OUR NEW MISSIONARIES!! CRAZINESS. We felt so bad. Seriously it was like
everything could go wrong. BUT we laugh at it now and we look at it as such an
adventure we had and fun times we will never forget. It was a blast! Got
my new companion and i will be training this transfer. She is really amazing.
We had 2 baptism sat and sun and that was a blast. such great outcomes and the
people really have a special place in my heart. i truly will never forget them.
Thanks so much for your prayers and all you do. I love you tons! Have a great
day! MISS YOU!
No comments:
Post a Comment