Tuesday, May 13, 2014

April 7, 2014 Central Point, OR



April 7, 2014
This week has been so great! Sister Dougherty and I have been really focusing on preparing her to train next transfer. She is doing so great! So much improvement I feel each day. She is well on her way to reaching her goals! I have been able to see so much improvement lately and I am so impressed with how she is more willing and just on top with accomplishing her goals. I am so excited to see what happens next transfer and see her make a difference in others’ lives and in the missionary she will train one day. I really have loved working with her. Even though we are very different we still find ourselves having a blast together and making things work. I love her so much and I am so proud of who she is becoming. Conference is amazing out on the mission! I really encourage all to at least watch conference once at the church. The spirit is so different there and so amazing! We invited lots to come watch it with us but sadly none came. it was great though because Sunday morning a member invited our investigator to watch it with them and her family went over and we got to go with them and watch it together so that was a plus. A newly active member Mike is so amazing. That is the investigators husband, the couple that just got married. He has been amazing and it’s been great seeing him grow and the journey he is taking. IT’S SO GREAT! His wife will be baptized on the 26th so we are so excited for them. He has been working towards being worthy to baptize her. We are keeping the faith and know he will make it! He has been a great missionary. He has shared his testimony and experiences with the church on Facebook and really is touching so many lives through him sharing about coming back to church. We just love their family! 
We were asked to tract 4 hours Saturday and Sunday total and wow. We saw great miracles. Sadly no new investigators but great miracles of seeds being planted.   I was so happy by the end of the day! So much potential though with all we came in contact with.   It was such a great day to tract and see how others are so close to hearing about the gospel.  It’s been a great week overall and I am so blessed to be out here on the mission. I love seeing the improvement. it takes an average of 7 times of someone hearing or seeing the gospel for them to consider listening. I know that each time someone sees our name tag we are making a difference. That first impression really is everything. We were also told that missionaries are walking advertisement for the church. We have to walk strong and tall and with courage with a big smile on our face showing others that we love the gospel and we want to share the happiness it has brought to our lives. I know if we set that example and walk with courage others will notice and want to know why we have that special light with in us. Why we are so happy because sadly it’s becoming more rare. We must let our light shine forth. Overall a great week and going strong. Have a great week I love you and hope all continues to go well at home. Your an awesome missionary mom and family. I would like to send home some things we got from our mission president. Did you get the last letter I sent with some. I will send more. THEY ARE AMAZING please share because I know all that we are given is what helps hasten the work of the lord. Love and miss you! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog